For the latest news please see Home page.
- 2021-07-06: Several PhD studentship opportunities are available at York. Get in touch if you are interested in doing a PhD on cyber security and privacy. See: SEtS Doctoral Centre webpage, My student supervision page
- 2021-06-25: I am honoured to be nominated for the Engaging Lecturer of the Year award in the Department by my students. Thank you! See: Dept News Article
- 2021-05-19: Our work on the usability of visual and verbal verification of word-based key fingerprints is accepted to HAISA 2021. See: ePrint, Conference Webpage
- 2021-05-25: We have launched a UK-wide inter-university seminar series on cyber security and privacy. See: Website, Schedule (iCal), Twitter, YouTube Channel
- 2021-04-21: Our work on the landscape of cookie notices in Greece and the UK is covered in the university news. See: University press release, ePrint, Code, Conference Webpage
- 2021-04-19: I was appointed to the Computer Science Departmental Research Committee. See: Terms of Reference and Membership Information
- 2021-04-12: I joined a growing number of distinguished adacemics in supporting diversity and inclusion and signed the Statement on the Selection of Jeffrey Ullman for a Turing Award. See: Statement
- 2021-04-09: Our MSc Cyber Security programme is recertified by NCSC. See: NCSC Announcement, Department News Story, Programme Details
- 2021-03-22: Our work on the landscape of cookie notices in Greece and the UK has been accepted to IFIP SEC 2021. See: ePrint, Code, Conference Webpage
- 2021-03-07: Our work on the formal modelling and security analysis of Bitcoin's Payment Protocol has been accepted to Computers & Security. See: ePrint
- 2021-01-08: I am serving in the program commitee of ACM CCS 2021. See: Conference Webpage
- 2020-12-01: I am starting as the programme lead of MSc Cyber Security at York. See: Programme Details
- 2020-11-18: Around 40 UK cyber security and privacy experts, including me, signed an open letter on UK charity sector’s use of tracking technologies. See: Open Letter
- 2020-10-20: I will give a seminar on November 3rd at Heriot-Watt on our recent work on password manager security. See: ePrint, Abstract & Media Coverage
- 2020-10-10: Our position paper on categorising IoT device fingerprinting mechanisms is accepted to the AIChallengeIoT 2020 workshop. See: ePrint, AIChallengeIoT 2020 workshop webpage
- 2020-09-28: I am starting my service as the external examiner for the University of Huddersfield's Cyber Security & Digital Forensics MSc programme. See: Programme details
- 2020-08-17: I will give a seminar on August 20 at the Surrey Centre for Cyber Security on our recent work on password manager security. See: Event Details, ePrint, Abstract & Media Coverage
- 2020-06-18: I am proud (and nicely surprised) to have been nominated by my students for our departmental Teaching & Learning Awards in three categories. Thank you! See: Dept News Article
- 2020-05-26: Our paper on the trial of our verifiable e-voting system alongside local elections in Gateshead, UK, is accepted to IEEE Security & Privacy. See: ePrint, Gateshead Council article, BBC coverage
- 2020-04-29: More than 170 of us, UK cyber security and privacy scientists, signed a joint statement regarding the NHSX Covid19 tracing app. See: Joint Statement, More Info
- 2020-02-11: Our work on the security of password managers is accepted to IFIP SEC 2020. See: ePrint, UoY Press Release, Abstract & Media Coverage
- 2019-12-22: Our work on battery draining attacks against edge computing nodes in IoT networks is accepted to Cyber-Physical Systems. See: ePrint
- 2019-11-14: Our work on designing a cryptographic scheme for sealed-bid auctions without auctioneers is accepted to IEEE TIFS ( ePrint).
- 2019-07-19: I was quoted on an FT piece on post-quantum cryptography at the occasion of Alan Turing being unveiled the face of the new £50 note ( FT Article).
- 2019-07-01: The York Cyber Security workshop presentation slides and recordings will be gradually made available on the website ( Programme & Slides).
- 2019-05-30: Our work on ensuring webpage integrity against malicious browser extensions is accepted to IJIS ( ePrint, DoI, Code).
- 2019-05-02: We ran a trial of our verifiable e-voting system alongside local elections in Gateshead ( paper, Gateshead, BBC).
- 2019-04-10: I'll serve as a PC member of Indocrypt 2019 (Dec 15-18, Hyderabad, webpage, deadline: Aug 1).
- 2019-02-01: We are planning a workshop in York on Cyber Security in June ( website).
- 2019-01-25: I'll serve as a PC member of PST 2019 (Aug 26-28, Fredericton, NB, Canada, webpage, deadline: Apr 26).
- 2019-01-24: Our team, SEEV, finished as a CyberASAP programme finalist ( SEEV, Innovate UK blog).
- 2018-05-10: I was on BBC Radio York commenting on GDPR ( Programme).
- 2018-04-10: Our work on analysing and patching SPEKE is accepted to IEEE TIFS ( ePrint).
- 2018-01-31: PST 2018 (Belfast) call for papers is out. Deadline: May 7, 2018. ( CfP).
- 2017-08-30: Our work on paper fingerprinting is published in ACM TOPS (formerly TISSEC) ( more info).
- 2017-05-25: Our work on paper fingerprinting is receiving media coverage ( more info).
- 2017-04-28: Our work on paper fingerprinting is accepted to ACM TOPS (formerly TISSEC) ( more info).
- 2017-04-11: Our work on mobile browser sensor security is picked up by the media ( more info).