This New York Times bestseller, which for 10 years has been
a must-have for women in business, is now completely revised and updated.
Internationally recognized executive coach Lois P. Frankel reveals a distinctive set
of behaviors that women learn in girlhood that ultimately sabotage them as adults.
Learn to eliminate these unconscious mistakes that could be holding you back
and discover invaluable coaching tips that can easily be incorporated into your social and business skills.
Stop making “nice girl” errors that can become career pitfalls, such as:
• Mistake #13: Avoiding Office Politics. If you don’t play the game, you can’t possibly win.
• Mistake #21: Multitasking. Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you should do it.
• Mistake #54: Reluctance to Negotiate. Don’t equate negotiation with confrontation.
• Mistake #70: inappropriate Use of Social Media. Once it’s out there, it’s hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
• Mistake #82: Asking Permission. Children, not adults, ask for approval. Be direct, be confident.