Discover just how wide-ranging—and beautiful—working with data can be.
Through this collection of personal stories,
39 of the best data practitioners in the field
explain how they developed simple and elegant solutions for a variety of projects,
ranging from the Mars lander to a Radiohead video, and much more.
With this book, you will:
• Explore the opportunities and challenges inherent in vast online datasets
• Learn how to visualize trends in urban crime using maps and data mashups
• Discover how crowdsourcing and transparency have advanced the state of drug research
• Understand how new data can alert users when it overlaps preexisting data
• Learn about the massive infrastructure required to process DNA data