• Marvel at the luminous beauty of the flying cities of Pharonla
• Sample the exquisite delights of low-gravity soufflés on Luna
• Wander through the parks of Mycetla under the glow of telepathic toadstools
• Grapple with danger on a dragosaur safari on Primera
• Wallow in the luxury of the form-changing Ultimate Hotel and its robostaff
• Drift through the sculptured ice palaces of Boreas
• Search for a hidden fortune, ring-combing on Saturn
Cost, travel, body-change facilities, menus, climatic conditions and central computer booking details have all been provided by Hugo Award Winner Bob Shaw and Nominee David Hardy.
Galactic tours are booking now!
People have long been attracted to the dramatic and terrible beauty of volcanoes, but their study is a relatively new area of science. As this exciting book reveals, much still remains to be discovered, but the boundaries of knowledge are being extended all the time. Now, from the safety of your armchair, you can take an exhilarating glimpse into the crater of an active volcano.
With superb paintings and clear, accessible text The Fires Within explains the phenomenon of volcanoes and reveals the fascination they have exerted over the centuries. It presents firsthand accounts of ancient and modern eruptions, examines the mythology surrounding them, describes their inner workings and outer effects, and looks at the various ways in which their immense power can be controlled and exploited. This is a book to inform and fascinate – a compelling read for all those who wish to know more about the forces that shape life on Earth.