I currently supervise the following researchers (all with Dimitris Kolovos):
- Thanos Zolotas, RA on the SECT-AIR project.
- Kostas Barmpis, RA on the CROSSMINER project.
- Simos Gerasimou, RA on the Technical Obsolescence project with Dstl.
- Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez, RA on the SECT-AIR project.
- (coming soon) at least 4 more RAs working on projects with Smith and Nephew, IBM and the EU.
I have supervised the following researchers in the past:
- Xiaocheng Ge, RA on the exGrid and LSCITS projects, 2004-2012.
- Malcolm Wallace, RA on the DARP HIRTS project, 2002-2005.
- Jovan Cakic, RA on the eXGrid e-Science project, 2004-2006.
- Alek Radjenovic, RA on the DARP HIRTS project, INESS and MADES projects 2002-2012.
- Philippa Conmy, RA on the DARP HIRTS project, 2002-2006.
- Dimitris Kolovos, RA on the MODELWARE and MODELPLEX
- Louis Rose, RA on the INESS project, 2010.
- Osmar Santos, RA on the INESS project, 2008-2010.
- James Williams, RA on the OSSMETER FP7 project.
- Seyyed Shah, Senior RA on the MONDO FP7 project.
- Nikos Matragkas, Senior RA on the MADES and OSSMETER projects, 2009-2015.
- Will Wei, RA on the MONDO project, 2013-2016.
- Antonio Garcia-Dominguez, RA on the MONDO project, 2015-2016.
I have supervised the following excellent PhD students who have
- Raman Ramsin (graduated 2006), thesis on engineering object-oriented methodologies.
Now an assistant professor at Sharif University.
- Mohd Syazwan Abdullah (graduated 2006), thesis on UML profiles for knowledge-based engineering.
Now an assistant professor at UU Malaysia.
- Alek Radjenovic (graduated 2009),
thesis on architectural modelling and view consistency. Now a senior software engineer at the NHS.
- Dimitrios Kolovos (defended 2008), on model management. Now a lecturer at York.
- Xiaocheng Ge (graduated 2009), thesis on agile web security. Now a Research and Teaching Fellow at York.
- Chris Holmes (graduated 2009), thesis on generative approaches to product-line
engineering. Now a researcher at Logica.
- Nikos Matragkas (graduated 2011) thesis on traceability in MDE (co-supervised with Kiran Fernandes). Now an RA at York
- Louis Rose (graduated 2011), thesis on model-driven evolution (co-supervised with Fiona
Polack). Now a lecturer at York.
- Malihe Tabatabaie (graduated 2012), thesis on goal-based approaches for building enterprise systems
(co-supervised with Fiona Polack). Now a software engineer at System Simulation, London.
- Lishan Harbird (graduated 2012), thesis on refinement
patterns for contractual statecharts (co-supervised with
- Jason Reich (graduated 2014), thesis on verification techniques for compilers (co-supervised with Colin Runciman). Now a software engineer at IBM UK.
- James Williams (graduated 2014), thesis on search-based model-driven engineering (co-supervised with Fiona Polack). Now an RA in York.
- Dina Salah (graduated 2014), thesis on maturity models and bridges between user
centred design and agile development (co-supervised with Paul Cairns). Now an RA at the Open University.
- Frank Burton (graduated 2015), thesis on MDE and search for decision making in heterogeneous environments (co-supervised with Simon Poulding). Now an engineer at SolarFlare, Cambridge, UK.
- Masoumeh Taromirad (graduated 2015), thesis on multi-domain traceability (co-supervised with Nikos Matragkas).
- Asmiza Abdul Sani (graduated 2015), thesis on verification of model transformations (co-supervised with Fiona Polack)
- Fatima Alkandari (graduated 2016), thesis on MDE for comparing cloud computing SLAs.
- Frank Soboczenski (graduated 2016), thesis on number entry errors in healthcare systems (co-supervised with Paul Cairns)
- Athanasios Zolotas (graduated 2017), thesis on flexible modelling in MDE (co-supervised with Nikos Matragkas)
- Adolfo Sanchez-Barbuda Herrera (graduated 2017), thesis on domain-specific languages for mapping concrete to abstract syntax (co-supervised with Ed Willink)
I currently supervise the following excellent PhD students who
may (err.. are likely to) survive.
- Rafidah Pakir, working on MDE for capacity planning (co-supervised with Dimitris Kolovos)
- Martyn Ellison, an EngD student (with Science Warehouse) working on cloud migration (co-supervised with Radu Calinescu)
- Faisal Alhwikem (co-supervised with Rob Alexander), working on mutation testing and model transformations.
- Jon Co (co-supervised with Ian Gray), working on model-based engineering for real-time systems
- Nadhra Nasarudin (co-supervised with Chris Power)
- Anthony Cairns (part-time, co-supervised with Ibrahim Habli), working on healthcare and process/organisation improvement.
- Sina Madani (co-supervised with Dimitris Kolovos), working on parallel and distributed model management.
- Khaled Aldheiff (co-supervised with Radu Calinescu), working on MDE for process mining and modelling.
- Beatriz Sanchez Pina (co-supervised with Dimitris Kolovos - starting October 2017)
- Komsan Srivisut (co-supervised with John Clark), working on hyperheuristics.
- ... with three more PhD students to come
I am internal assessor for the following students.
- Xueyi Zou, PhD candidate (supervised by Rob Alexander and John McDermid).
- Bestoon Hussien, PhD candidate (supervised by Ibrahim Habli and Tim Kelly).
- Chris Leong, PhD candidate (supervised by Rob Alexander)
My mortal enemy is lack of sleep. I also fear bad chocolate, my cat, the Calamari Wrestler,
the novels of Jacqueline Susann, and Dick Dastardly from Wacky Races.