- This Annex addresses requirements for systems that are safety critical or
have security constraints. It provides facilities and specifies
documentation requirements that relate to several needs:
- Understanding program execution;
- Restricting language constructs whose usage might complicate the
demonstration of program correctness
- Execution understandability is supported by pragma Normalize_Scalars, and
also by requirements for the implementation to document the effect of a
program in the presence of a bounded error or where the language rules leave
the effect unspecified.
- The pragmas Reviewable and Restrictions relate to the other requirements
addressed by this Annex.
(1) The Valid attribute (see 13.9.2) is also useful in addressing these
needs, to avoid problems that could otherwise arise from scalars that
have values outside their declared range constraints.
Clauses and Subclauses
- Pragma Normalize_Scalars
- Documentation of Implementation Decisions
- Reviewable Object Code -- TOC
- Pragma Reviewable
- Pragma Inspection_Point
- Safety and Security Restrictions
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12