- The package Text_IO.Text_Streams provides a function for treating a text
file as a stream.
- The library package Text_IO.Text_Streams has the following declaration:
package Ada.Text_IO.Text_Streams is
type Stream_Access is access all Streams.Root_Stream_Type'Class;
function Stream (File : in File_Type) return Stream_Access;
- The Stream function has the same effect as the corresponding function in
(34) The ability to obtain a stream for a text file allows Current_Input, Current_Output, and Current_Error to be processed with the
functionality of streams, including the mixing of text and binary
input-output, and the mixing of binary input-output for different types.
(35) Performing operations on the stream associated with a text file
does not affect the column, line, or page counts.
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12