- Pragma Controlled is used to prevent any automatic reclamation of storage
(garbage collection) for the objects created by allocators of a given access
- The form of a pragma Controlled is as follows:
- The first_subtype_local_name of a pragma Controlled shall denote a
non-derived access subtype.
- A pragma Controlled is a representation pragma that specifies the
controlled aspect of representation.
- Garbage collection is a process that automatically reclaims storage, or
moves objects to a different address, while the objects still exist.
- If a pragma Controlled is specified for an access type with a standard
storage pool, then garbage collection is not performed for objects in that
- An implementation need not support garbage collection, in which case, a
pragma Controlled has no effect.
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12