- A block_statement encloses a handled_sequence_of_statements optionally
preceded by a declarative_part.
- If a block_statement has a block_statement_identifier, then the
identifier shall be repeated after the end; otherwise, there shall not be
an identifier after the end.
- A block_statement that has no explicit declarative_part has an implicit
- The execution of a block_statement consists of the elaboration of its
declarative_part followed by the execution of its handled_sequence_of_statements.
- Example of a block statement with a local variable:
Temp : Integer;
Temp := V; V := U; U := Temp;
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12