- A number_declaration declares a named number.
defining_identifier_list : constant := static_expression;
Name Resolution Rules
- The static_expression given for a number_declaration is expected to be of
any numeric type.
- The static_expression given for a number declaration shall be a static
expression, as defined by clause 4.9.
- The named number denotes a value of type universal_integer if the type of
the static_expression is an integer type. The named number denotes a value
of type universal_real if the type of the static_expression is a real type.
- The value denoted by the named number is the value of the
static_expression, converted to the corresponding universal type.
- The elaboration of a number_declaration has no effect.
- Examples of number declarations:
Two_Pi : constant := 2.0*Ada.Numerics.Pi; -- a real number (see A.5)
Max : constant := 500; -- an integer number
Max_Line_Size : constant := Max/6 -- the integer 83
Power_16 : constant := 2**16; -- the integer 65_536
One, Un, Eins : constant := 1; -- three different namesfor 1
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12