[ unmissable | great stuff | worth watching | mind
candy | waste of time | unfinishable ]
|Lt. Nathan West
|Capt. Shane Vansen
|Lt. Cooper Hawkes
|Lt. Vanessa Damphousse
|Lt. Paul Wang
||Joel de la Fuente
|Lt. Colonel T. C. McQueen
- 1. Pilot
- In the year 2063, lovers Nathan West and Kylen Celina are about to
leave for the Tellus colony when they are cruelly seaparated by a new
law granting rights to the despised "in vitros" --
artificially bred humans; Nathan must give up his place to one. So he
joins the Marine Corps, in the hope of being assigned to Colony Patrol.
Then the terrifying news comes that an advanced alien civilisation has
attacked the outer colonies, including Tellus. Even the elite "Dark
Angels" squadron could not stop them. As intergalactc war looms,
new Marine Corps Space Cavalry recruits are rushed through training.
- 2. The Farthest Man from Home
- The sole survivor of the attack on the Tellus colony is brought to
the spacecraft carrier USS Saratoga, where he is kept in
isolation and interrogated by a civilian. West, desparate for news of
Kylen, disobeys orders and leaves on a foolhardy mission to Tellus to
find his lost love. It turns out other colonists survived, too...
- 3. The Dark Side of the Sun
- Shane has recurring nightmares about her parents' murder by AIs. When
McQueen assigns her to lead an escort guarding vital raw materials, she
fears for her own life.
- 4. Mutiny
- McQueen and his squadron board a transporter and order the captain to
take a perilous route to the USS Saratoga. Then Cooper discovers
that the cargo consists of artificially-bred humans like himself.
- 5. Butts
- A hard-headed war veteran, Lieutenant Colonel Raymond Butts, takes
command of the squadron for a classified mission to recover six SA-43
jets deep in enemy territory, but it seems that Butts has his own
- 6. Eyes
- When UN secretary general Spencer Chartwell is assassinated by an
in vitro, McQueen and Cooper are detained. But is it just a ploy
to assassinate his successor, too?
- 7. The Enemy
- The 58th land on Tartarus, a nightmare world of swirling volcanic fog
and darkness, and come under attack from their own forces, and their own
- 8. Hostile Visit (part I)
- McQueen clashes with a civilian team from Aerotech, headed by Howard
Sewell, when he wants to analyse a captured enemy spacecraft.
- 9. Choice or Chance (part II)
- Shane, West, Damphousse and Wang are captured by Silicates, allies of
the Chigs, and West realises that one of the prisoners is his lost love,
- 9. Stay with the Dead
- After a seriously injured West is brough back from battle, he suffers
flashbacks in hospital. Is it post traumatic shock disorder, or are the
58th really still alive?
- 10. The River of Stars
- The 58th marines need a miracle to survive Christmas now that their
combat vehicle is powerless and a Chig fighter is heading towards them.
- 11. Who Monitors the Birds
- Hawke agrees to take part in a suicidal sniper mission deep into
enemy territory, in order to earn an honorable discharge from the
- 12. Level of Necessity
- Damphousse's intuition saves her comrades and a Psi Corps colonel
encourages her to develop her psychic skills. But to do so, she has to
lead her colleagues back into the dangerous Chig tunnels.
- 13. Never No More
- Vance agrees to help ex-lover Captain John Oakes investigate the
existence of an invisible Chig fighter.
- 14. The Angriest Angel
- Sewell reveals a missile capable of destroying the enemy's invisible
fighter. Eventually, McQueen is the only one who can deliver it.
- 15. Toy Soldiers
- Nathan is horrified to see hs younger brother among the new recruits
arriving on the USS Saratoga, especially as Neil West is naive
and serving under an inexperienced but gung ho officer.
- 16. Dear Earth
- Nathan discovers that his parents never received the news of his
brother Neil's fate. Damphousse get injured and receives a 'Dear John'
letter. Cooper is the subject of a documentary on the lack of prejudice
against in vitros in the Marines. Shane get promoted to Captain.
- 17. Pearly
- The squadron takes refuge in an armoured personnel carrier called
Pearly and fall into a Chig trap set by a marooned British
officer [Martin Jarvis]. And some AIs blackmail Wang for a power cell
with a recording of his earlier forced war-crimes confession.
- 18. R and R
- The exhausted 58th are given 48 hours' rest on Bacchus, a
space vessel where anything goes. Shane plays pool with an AI [David
Duchovny]; Wang and Damphousse shoot hoops and get friendly; Cooper
experience his first sexual encounter and has problems with Green
Meanies; Colonel McQueen watches old black and white movies.
- 19. Stardust
- The 58th participates in a misinformation campaign aimed at diverting
Chig fighters. They escort a transport carrying a recently executed
criminal, carrying fake plans encoded in the Navajo language, which they
expect the Chigs -- Navajo Alien Gods? -- to be able to decipher.
[Shades of The Man Who Never Was]
- 20. Sugar Dirt
- After they have captured a Chig airstrip, the 58th are abandoned when
enemy forces couter-attack. They heve to spend months on the planet
trying to survive while their Carrier Saratoga is off fighting at
another planet. [Shades of Guadalcanal]
- 21. And If They Lay Us Down to Rest...
- Earth forces prepare for a massive offensive against the Chig
homeworld. The 58th, on a reconnaissance mission, meet an alien and tell
it to run away if it wants to survive. Before the attack can be
launched, a lone Chig offers peace terms. Is the war over? But we see a
Chig for the firt time, and it's the same as the alien the 58th warned.
- 22. Tell Our Moms We Done Our Best
- The Chigs offer to hand over the surviving hostage colonists, Kylen
Celina included, as a sign of good will. But when the Chig ambassador
accuses the head of the colonist agency of ignoring their warning, then
explodes a bomb, all hell breaks out again. The disgraced 58th go to
save the colonists, but of them, only West and Hawkes return.